Sunday, January 27, 2013

At the Trot!



I have upped Jen's riding now to twice a week, and have been trying to do longer sessions each time. We ride for about a half an hour, walking in figure eights, and over ground poles. And we have now started trotting! This past Thursday was the third time we trotted and she is doing much much better than our first trot. She has a lot of muscle to build up and has very little balance at the trot so we take it slow and I allow her lots of breaks. I am not riding her bareback at the trot yet just because she doesn't have a lot of balance so if I get off balance, we would both be in trouble! But she does noticeably better every time I get on her, and she is progressing in leaps and bounds these days! This video is of the second time I trotted her.

No comments: