Saturday, August 2, 2008

April 25, 2007

Jen is on SMZ as a precaution due to the manure rolling down her vulva because of her sunken in anus from being starved for so long. She is starting to build a milk bag this week, and is just postively HUGE! Still as sweet as ever though.



I'm getting the roundpen all ready for a foaling pen, I spread a box truck load of wood chips to provide a clean base, and need to work on installing some deer fencing around the bottom so baby doesn't roll under the panels or get cast. The cam is up and running properly so I can keep an eye on things from the house until she is imminent. My foaling kit is almost filled. The only hitch at the moment are the darned coyotes who have decided to start prowling around this past week.



She seems to have stalled a bit in her weight gain, at least in her butt. But I'm noticing that her neck is beginning to thicken up a bit, and she has some muscling on her shoulders now, so she seems to be putting weight on in different areas and I'm sure most of it is going to that little baby in there!








No comments: